Kari Schroeder A-L
Valerie Laugier M-Z
All CBE testing has been postponed to mid-year 20-21 due to Covid-19
The purpose of examination for acceleration is to allow a student to accelerate and earn credit for a particular course or grade level without formal instruction in that course or grade level. The student must score a minimum of 80% on the required tests for the course or grade level the student wants to accelerate.
Any TISD student is eligible to participate in testing without charge at the time of the regularly scheduled administration.
Questions may be directed to the school counselor or to Debbie Matthys, TISD Assessment Coordinator, at (512) 352-6361.
Notes about the CBE for Foreign Languages:
|Test Date||Normal Deadline||Online Score Release|
|*October 3, 2020||September 4, 2020||October 16, 2020|
|November 7, 2020||October 9, 2020||November 20, 2020|
|December 5, 2020||November 6, 2020||December 18, 2020|
|March 13, 2021||February 13, 2021||March 26, 2021|
- Saturday, September 12 (existing)
- Sunday, September 13 (non-Saturday, existing)
- Saturday, September 19 (new)
- Saturday, October 10 (new)
- Saturday, October 17 (new)
- Saturday, October 24 (existing)
- Sunday, October 25 (non-Saturday, existing)
- Saturday, December 12 (existing)
Fall Semester Classes
As soon as the semester starts, please login to your D2L course on day one, August 19, to review your syllabus and course instructions for additional details and directions from your professors.
Because faculty understand students may be nervous about taking online classes, they are building supplemental support and strong communication, so please keep in contact with your faculty. Faculty members are being asked to maintain virtual office hours through the use of e-mail, phone, D2L chat, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and other methods. Look for details from your individual professors on how best to communicate with them and make sure to log into D2L daily. The best way to reach professors is through Temple College e-mail. If you call their office phone, make sure to leave a message as it will be forwarded to their email.
Fall classes begin on Wednesday, August 19, 2020.
What to expect in the fall semester:
- More virtual tutoring
- Zoom/Teams office hours with faculty and staff
- Expanded chat options on the Temple College Home Page
- Timely Correspondence
- Virtual “Meet and Greet” events with faculty, staff, administrators, and other students
- Synchronous and asynchronous class meeting time options
- More 8-Week course offerings
- More virtual sessions available with support staff. Save yourself a trip to campus, and contact the financial aid, admissions, advising, and other support services office to set up a Zoom or Teams virtual session to ask your questions.
- Library, computer lab, bookstore, testing center, and other services available on campuses if safe to offer (Masks required)
- Many more resources will be available to make sure that you have a successful fall semester
Student's ID number is listed below their name on the registration form.
Their User Name is "their last name, first initial, and last 3 digits of their student ID)
Their Temple College email address is their firstname.lastname@example.org
Password is Tcmmddyyyy (where mmddyyyy is their birthdate)
may be ordered through the Temple College Bookstore or bookstore of their choice. We will have a “popup” bookstore here at Temple College Taylor the week of August 18.
If in need of assistance, please contact TC.