March 30th info from TC
The writing center and math lab are available to assist you online. Please see the department contact information below.
Please email your assignments to the Writing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org . The Writing Center staff will review your written assignment and provide assistance via email.
Math tutoring will be offering half hour sessions: (see below on how to register)
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Sunday: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Each session will 30-minutes or less.
- Sessions start at top or bottom of the hour (ex. 1:00 p.m. or 1:30 p.m. We cannot start a session at 1:15 p.m. or 1:45 p.m.
- If you wanted to start at 1:15 p.m. then you will only have 15 minutes for tutoring
- Max of 2 sessions per student per week(This is subject to change based on the number request received for tutoring)
How to schedule a meeting:
1. Email Adam McDonald at email@example.com. Include: your name, school email address (This is what you should use for zoom); time you are availab
2. Adam will assign a tutor to you and the tutor will send you an email with: 1. a meeting ID 2. time of your appointment
NOTE: All appointments must be made 24 hours ahead of time, as this gives us enough time to receive your email, set you up with a tutor, and schedule your appointment. Be patient for this email as it may not be sent until the day of your appointment.
3. Make sure you have your questions ready. 30 minutes goes by fast. This is not like the math lab where you can chill in the lab and ask a question when one arises.
INTERNET ACCESS DURING THIS TIME OF REMOTE LEARNING
Update on 4/3/20: THS received a batch of hotspots. Students who reached out and are on the list will be contacted to receive one the week of April 6.
Continue to reach out to teachers and counselors about internet access needs.
If you do not have internet access at home, please reach out to a teacher or your counselor.
THS has a number of hotspots available, but it is not guaranteed to have enough for all, depending on how many request one.
Be aware that some providers are offering free service and installation for 60 days for households with K-12 students who do not curently have internet.
#6 KHAN ACADEMY HAS SUGGESTIONS FOR DAILY SCHEDULES/ROUTINES.
See here (scroll down for high school level): https://tinyurl.com/tsym2vd
DUAL CREDIT, CAREER PREP, PARTNERS IN PE ENROLLMENT FORMS
Counselors have emailed their students with instructions. Complete these as soon as possible.
FOR DUAL CREDIT CLASSES:
1. Complete the online application at www.templejc.edu
"APPLY NOW" button (if you are a new student)
2. Complete the Registration form with courses and signatures
3. Screenshot or scan to your counselor
4. When the registration form has been received, counselors will get your menigintis record from the nurse and transcript from the registrar. You will be contacted if immunization records are needed.
Temple College is now extending the dual credit discount year round to students. This means that they will also get the discount in the summer if they want to take summer classes.
The "waiving the internet fee for online classes" is (for now) a temporary thing for summer (and possibly fall).
FOR CAREER PREP:
1. complete the form that you were given before spring break or received in the counselor email
2. make sure it is signed by parent and student.
3. counselors can confirm your schedule to Mrs. Guthrie (who coordinates the programme)
PARTNERS IN PE:
1. Complete the form you were given and scan or screenshot to your counselor
2. Have letters of recommendation sent to your respective counselor as well.