Summer Strength and Conditioning / Sport Specific Workouts
Parents and Athletes,
The UIL recently announced that we may begin Summer Strength and Conditioning workouts starting June 8th. The UIL has set a number of guidelines for us to follow in being able to have these workouts. All of the UIL Guidelines can be found by clicking here. Highlights of those guidelines are:
- We must practice Social Distancing
- Locker Rooms and restrooms will not be accessible for students.
- When in the building you will need to wear a face mask.
- You must provide your own water; Water Fountains will not be accessible.
- We will pre screen each athlete before each workout (check temp)
- Athletes will need to bring their own workout clothes
Week One - Summer Strength and Conditioning
We will workout the Week of June 8th - June 12th. These workouts will be meant as an acclimation period for the athletes. We will not be inside for these workouts. All workouts this week will be held outside. Athletes should enter the stadium at the gate in front of the field house. To participate in the workouts, athletes must meet the following criteria:
- Athletes must have a Physical on File with the Athletic Department.
- Athletes must be Pre Screened (Check Temp)
- Athletes must have a parent consent Form to Participate in Summer Strength and Conditioning signed and on file with the Athletic Department prior to working out. If an athlete does not have a signed consent form on file, they will not be allowed to participate in the workouts.
- 7-12 grade boys will workout from 7:00am to 8:00am. (At the Stadium)
- 7-12 grade girls will workout from 8:30am to 9:30am. (At the Stadium)
The Consent Form can be found below.
|Sport||April 28th||April 29th||April 30th||Coaches Responsible||Place|
|Girls Powerlifting||1:00pm - 2:30pm||1:00pm - 2:30pm||1:00pm - 2:30pm||Tatum||Front of School|
|Golf||8:00am - 9:30am||8:00am - 9:30am||8:00am - 9:30am||Matthys / Gracie||Turf Room|
|Tennis||8:00am - 9:30am||8:00am - 9:30am||8:00am - 9:30am||Lisa Little||Back of Gym|
|Girls Track||8:00am - 9:30am||8:00am - 9:30am||8:00am - 9:30am||Cobb||Front of Field House|
|Baseball||10:00am - 11:30am||10:00am - 11:30am||10:00am - 11:30am||Adams||Baseball Field|
|Girls Soccer||10:00am - 11:30am||10:00am - 11:30am||10:00am - 11:30am||Wooten||Turf Room|
|Boys Track||10:00am - 11:30am||10:00am - 11:30am||10:00am - 11:30am||Flowers||Front of Field House|
|Softball||1:00pm - 2:30pm||1:00pm - 2:30pm||1:00pm - 2:30pm||Penn||Softball Field|
|Boys Soccer||1:00pm - 2:30pm||1:00pm - 2:30pm||1:00pm - 2:30pm||Brockway||Turf Room|
|Boys Powerlifting||1:00pm - 2:30pm||1:00pm - 2:30pm||1:00pm - 2:30pm||Tollerson||Front of Field House|
|Gym Locker Rooms (Boys & Girls)|
|April 28th||April 29th||April 30th||Coach Responsible|
|8:00am - 9:30am||8:00am - 9:30am||8:00am - 9:30am||Reed|
|10:00am - 11:30am||10:00am - 11:30am||10:00am - 11:30am||Collier|
|1:00pm - 2:30pm||1:00pm - 2:30pm||1:00pm - 2:30pm||Carr|
|Field House Locker Rooms|
|April 28th||April 29th||April 30th||Coach Responsible|
|8:00am - 9:30am||8:00am - 9:30am||8:00am - 9:30am||Proctor|
|10:00am - 11:30am||10:00am - 11:30am||10:00am - 11:30am||Day|
|1:00pm - 2:30pm||1:00pm - 2:30pm||1:00pm - 2:30pm||Garza|
- Anything that you are turning in will need to be turned in at your Sports designated location (Baseball at the Baseball Field, Softball at the Softball Field,etc. check above for you location). We are trying to keep individuals away from each other as best we can.
- Students that are in multiple sports, please pick one location and time to turn in ALL of your equipment for ALL of the sports you participated in. (It is not necessary to make more than one trip to turn your equipment in.)
- If a student needs to gain access to their locker room, we will allow only one student in at a time to clear out anything that they need to retrieve.
- Anyone that enters the buildings will need to wear some kind of protective face shield (something to cover their mouth and nose - bandana, face mask, etc.)
- We will have trash bags for you to turn your items in. If you are coming to just turn something in, you will not need to enter the building. You will place your items in the trash bag, and will be free to go.
Revised Athletic Lettering Policy
Students and Parents :
Taylor ISD Athletics has updated the current Athletic Lettering Policy. This policy has been revised to better serve the student athletes of Taylor High School and to encourage their continued efforts to excel in athletics. It is our hope that this policy will challenge and reward the efforts of those students who choose to participate in the athletic programs offered by Taylor ISD, and that upon receiving this award, they may gain a sense of pride and accomplishment. This policy will also be retroactive to include those students who would currently meet the requirements set forth by this updated policy.
We would encourage any student that feels they have met the requirements of this updated policy to contact the Athletic Department so that we may verify that the guidelines of the policy have been met by the athlete.
The Taylor I.S.D. Athletic Handbook contains a general statement of the administrative regulations governing the overall athletic program. Provisions of this Athletic Handbook may be expanded, modified, or revoked only by actions of the Athletic Director, Superintendent, or the Board of Education. If any of the provisions of this Athletic Handbook conflict with federal or state laws, and regulations, or Board policy, those provisions are superseded by applicable law or Board policy. The provisions of this Athletic Handbook are severable, and the invalidity, illegality or unenforceability of any provision will not affect the validity, legality, or enforceability of the other provisions.