FAFSA (Financial Aid) Workshop - Book your appointment now!
- FAFSA (Financial Aid) Workshop - Book your appointment now!
- 10/14/2021, 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Library Taylor High School, 355 FM973, Taylor, TX 76574, USA
Attention Seniors & families:
The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for 2022-23 opens on October 1. Financial Aid reps will be in the Taylor High School Library on Thursday, October 14 from 1 - 7 pm helping our graduating seniors and families complete the FAFSA or the TASFA .
This is now a state graduation requirement for graduating seniors.
Please register for a FAFSA Workshop Appointment time to come and let these Financial Aid reps help you apply for college financial aid. If these times do not work for your schedule, please email Mrs. Hortenstine with a date that you can meet to finalize your FAFSA application with her.
To prepare for this day, you may go to www.studentaid.gov and create a FSA ID (a username and password) for the student and a separate one for the parent. It is very important that you use different personal emails for each of these. A parent or sibling cannot create a separate FSA ID using the same email. Don't use a school-assigned email address to create your account as you will need to access it after graduation. Write down the username and passwords!
Important things to bring to this workshop:
* Student and parent Social Security cards
(or at least the names and numbers as they appear on the individual's Social Security card)
* Alien registration card if not a US Citizen
* Copy of parents and students (if the student filed taxes) tax returns for 2020
* W-2s, 1040s and other wage statements from 2020
* Records of nontaxable income (ex. Social Security income, veteran's benefits, child support received, etc)
Click here to register for a FAFSA Workshop Appointment.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Hortenstine at firstname.lastname@example.org.